Currently under the offsetting rules referred to in the title, the following situation can happen:
- A member breaks his/her right wrist whilst on deployment pre July 2004
- Member is assessed for compensation under SRCA at 10% for loss of right wrist
- Member redeploys post July 2004 and breaks left (other) wrist
- DVA assess new broken wrist and determine 10% loss
- DVA then use a formula to determine overall loss
- Astoundingly , DVA offset previous payment for broken right wrist against broken left wrist – Veteran receives no further compensation.
For more information, contact email@example.com